Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2005 18:00

magic bullet

At start up I get the message Starting magic bullet nothing starts up . Is this a virus ?

RC

4.4K Posts

October 31st, 2005 20:00

It certainly could be.  So your computer locks up during startup and you can't do anything with it?  If so, have you tried a safe mode startup?

9.4K Posts

November 1st, 2005 11:00

Rcozzo, in doing a Google search I found a couple of references to "Magic Bullet" as being related to a virus scan program.  In both instances it points to Magic Bullet as being part of the Dr. Solomon's anti-virus package and is used to clean the boot sector of a virus infection.  If you are using this product or have used it in the past then I would suspect that is where the message is originating from.  For additional information and other opinions I would suggest posting a copy of your posting here over in the Special Interest - Virus/Spyware Info and Removal forum.  You can click here for a direct link to that forum.

1.7K Posts

November 1st, 2005 17:00

Hi,

As I recall, Dr Solomons AV was brought out by Network Associates (McAfee)

The Dr Solomons Magic bullet floppy did strike me as being a possibility in this issue, but the disks would be some 4 for so years old and really of little value as AV protection due to age and all the new nasties out there. I found a couple of these the other day when I was looking for the floppy disk I have with the board game Scrabble on it.

Stinger is the modern equivalant of the Magic Bullet floppy.

Programs such as Norton AV come on a bootable CD, these days.

Ceri
No Events found!