Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

March 22nd, 2010 20:00

monitor VGA to video card DVI (with adapter) works, but DVI to DVI does not

I posted a question similar to this a short time ago, but I think perhaps I was not clear enough so I thought I would post again. The only connectors on my video card (GeForce 7900 GS) are two DVI-D outputs. I have no idea why, but for some strange reason I am no longer able to connect my monitor (E228WFP) to my video card using a DVI to DVI connection. Every time I try, I get no video and the monitor appears to go to sleep (and, yes, I am selecting the monitor's DVI input). However, if I use the monitor's VGA port and connect it to the card using a VGA to DVI adapter, then, and only then, can I get a picture.

I  have tried different DVI cables to no avail. I have even gone so far as to buy a new monitor (ST2310) thinking that there was a problem with the DVI port on the old monitor. But I still get the same result with the new one going DVI to DVI. The only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a new video card but I think that might have to be my next step.

It seems odd that going from DVI to DVI will not work, while monitor VGA to adapter to card DVI will.
Has anyone else ever encountered this kind of problem? Have you found a solution for it? If so, I'd love to know what you did.

No Responses!
No Events found!