Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2013 10:00

new Inspiron 2330 constantly crashes using Chrome

I have only had this one week and I am unable to use the internet for more than 5 minutes without google chrome crashing and going back to the home screen. I then have to re-open chrome and restore. I can't work like this, obviously. And my agency uses a google platform so I need to be in chrome. ( I suppose I should check to see if it will crash in internet explorer, too, but I have been so frustrated). I called Dell Support and after getting to someone, I was cut off as soon as the person started to help me.  Has anyone else had this problem?

5 Posts

July 31st, 2013 11:00

thanks. It doesn't seem to be happening in explorer. I have uninstalled chrome a couple times but I will try using your link.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 31st, 2013 11:00

Hi ygbsue,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome.

Please follow the steps mentioned in this link: http://bit.ly/IDbbTC

And yes, you may check if the same happens using Internet Explorer.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2013 12:00

I uninstalled and re-installed and checked plug-ins and extensions. I'm not sure what plugins I need but disabled a bunch. I had only 1 extenstion. It is still crashing constantly.

Advice? Not sure if I need to return this.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 31st, 2013 14:00

Google Chrome is not a Dell product and not supported by Dell.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2013 14:00

Thanks, speedstep. I know that it is not 'supported' by dell, but I generally like the computer. I just can't spend 1000 bucks on a PC that doesn't work with the programs I need it to work with:) I have never had this issue on any other computer so I am not sure if this particular device is glitchy or if I just need to switch to a different model.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi ygbsue,

Please follow the steps mentioned in this link before coming to a conclusion: http://bit.ly/10MhcGc

Hope this helps!

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 10:00

thanks. sounds complicated but I will give it a try!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 4th, 2013 07:00

Hi ygbsue,

Please try the steps mentioned in the article provided in my previous post and let me know the status.

No Events found!