Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2015 06:00

realtek audio

my realtek HD software is not working correctly. The issues are no EQ cannot get the rear speakers to work the software seems to be a stripped down version of what it once was,it was sent in for repair X51 R2 they installed new hard drive and had to replace 8.1 OS and all software.When brand new all was working beautifully,after repairs somewhat slow and audio problems the software seems to be stripped down version of what I once had before repairs. Example no EQ although EQ button does exist but when clicked does nothing,no room correction,just simple version of what was there before repair due to hard drive failure.I have newest A10 bios,chipset software,and when I went to dell driver download for X51 R2 it reported that there were no drivers or software for my system which is not the case upgraded to win 10 from 8.1 right after repair,but never tried audio before upgrade.I think its the wrong realtek HD audio  version for my system.

8 Posts

October 24th, 2015 15:00

ok fixed had to revert to 8.1 drivers and viola poof just like that,trick is you cannot let windows update it after reboot,if you do same junk you had before,I found a post that explained how to stop windows from updating it after the reboot in fact a step by step post.its in control panel systems and programs but forgot the rest sorry. but keep searching when you stumble across it you will know it. Win 10 and Realtek Maxx audio dont play nice together.

5.2K Posts

October 24th, 2015 22:00

Microsoft has a utility called Showhide that will stop an upgrade from installing. You would need to catch the driver on the update page before if installs. I used it successfully for a printer driver Win wanted to install for a non-existant old printer.

No Events found!