Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2014 22:00

xps 9000 blue screen crashes

ive been having blue screen crashes and freezes on my 4 year old xps 9000. i reinstalled windows and am up to date on critical windows updates. full scan on my dell shows no errors. ive tried using windbg to try to debug the blue screens but im a beginner and am not having much luck. dells blue screen troubleshooter does nothing but give general suggestions. im disappointed with this desktop as it was my mother in laws and she paid a lot of money for it and it hasnt lasted 4 years.

10 Posts

May 11th, 2014 08:00

I've been having identical problems. For the last year, I have restored from prior backups once each quarter. Also done a complete Windows 7 reinstall once each year. Starting in April 2014, the machine has been locking up and/or getting BSOD. Nothing seems consistent, no pattern as to why / when it fails. Sometimes the machine locks up while nothing is running at all. I ran the diagnostics, including the extended memory tests - no problems found. Rick G

45 Posts

November 15th, 2014 20:00

Went thru this in the past few months. My Studio XPS 435T-9000 is 5 years old. A refurb. I have owned it 4 years. A exchange from Dell for a system that did not run. Been very happy with it. As time goes by these systems age and the components slowly expire.  Just barely have it straightened out. A bad video card pulled the life out of my system. ATI 6450.  The board would not power up later on, a trate of these with age. Shut down on extensive CPU usage. 50% or more.  Replaced the board with a used found on Ebay. Found the card bad afterwards. Bottom pins were burned slightly. Power driver ATK 0110 was in poor shape also, running part time. I replaced the power supply also, it was the second one. It is back up and rolling. Been about 4 hours since first started and no shut downs. Hope it helps.

No Events found!