Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2013 18:00

DELL Optiplex 790 BIOS Problem,,,,!!!

I was trying to update my optiplex 790 BIOS but meanwhile updating the BIOS the system restarted because of the electricity fluctuation. now the System BIOS chip is empty. I tried a lot to find the the factory BIOS file to re-install those files to the chip again but i didn't find the factory BIOS files on the internet. NEED HELP...!!!

1.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hi Saifktk,

Are you able to see Dell logo at system start up? 

Do you get any error message on screen?

Optiplex 790 has four variants:

• Mini-Tower (MT)
  • Desktop (DT)
  • Small Form Factor (SFF)
  • Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) 

Please share the exact system model. 

You may also let me know the status of light on power button and diagnostic indicators on front of system  tower. For more information on diagnostic LED's of your computer, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/WYjSEp Select the form factor to access the correct manual of computer. 

Before the BIOS update, it is always recommended to connect computer to any surge protector (if available) to avoid any unexpected shut down. Most likely it appears to be an issue with motherboard and need replacement. If the system is under warranty, you may send me the Service Tag of system via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). 

Please share the findings. 

2 Posts

March 25th, 2013 15:00

No i am not able to see the DELL logo at startup because at time of updating BIOS when the erasing process completed the electricity fluctuated and the system restarted. Now BIOS Chip is totaly  empty.

i Have Dell Optiplex 790 Desktop (DT).

1.8K Posts

March 28th, 2013 03:00

Hi Saifktk,

It appears to be an issue with motherboard of computer and might need replacement. If the system is under warranty, you may private message me the service tag of computer. You may send me the system information via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). 

No Events found!