Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 20th, 2014 19:00

Dell A525 speakers, no sound with Windows 7

I can get no sound from my Dell A525 speakers with my new Optiplex Windows 7 computer.

I go to the device manager and update drivers and it says the drivers are up to date.

What to try?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 20th, 2014 20:00

Hi Clarkkk,

It seems like the speaker device is not getting enabled in the Sound properties. Please follow the steps below to enable the speaker.

1. Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel.
2. Once in the Control Panel, change your view to either large icons or Small icons. Look for and click and open on the ‘Sound’.
3. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.
4. Select ‘Speaker’and click on ‘properties’ button.
5. Click on ‘General’ tab under the device usage select ‘Use this device’ and click on OK.

Also, please connect an earphone to the system to check if you are able to hear the sound.

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

April 21st, 2014 05:00

Thank you for taking the time to respond. As it happens I finally got the speakers working before seeing your post.

I tried so many things I am not certain what it was that worked, but I think I got to the device drivers in the sound section where there were three icons shown under the Playback tab -- one titled Digital Audio, and two titled Speakers with subtitle  "High Definition Audio Device"

I disabled them all, and then enabled them one at a time, and one of the two worked.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2014 09:00

Hi Clarkkk,

I am glad that issue with the system is fixed. Please reply us if you have any queries.

No Events found!