Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 15:00

Driver for Sound Balster Audigy 2 ZS using Windows 7

Dimension 8400 I  upgraded system to Windows 7 now my Sound Blaster only works on the Sub Woofer

Have tested Speakers on System and all are working.

Cannot find  Driver download on Dell  - Suggestions please

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 18th, 2010 15:00

Dell does not support Win 7 or Vista on the 8400 and there are no Dell drivers for this model sound card.  HERE is the Creative Win 7 drivers.  The Audigy 2ZS that were supplied with new Dell's were a custom model card and have some functionality that is different from the Retail model.  Some have reported getting the retail drivers to work and some have not. 

There are many that have upgraded "older" PC's to Win 7 and have had to replace older sound cards to get sound or full sound. 

381 Posts

February 20th, 2010 18:00

Firebrd has it right on the retail and OEM Audigy 2ZS cards.  Did your Audigy 2ZS come with the computer when it was ordered or is it an add-on?  I found that the cards that have a single sticker on the back are retail and the cards that have three stickers on the back are Dell or other OEMs.  The single sticker cards work fine with the Creative AutoUpdate.  The three sticker cards do not.

The sticker I am talking about is the S/N type of sticker.  OEMs can carry a different part number.  Retail P/N is SB0350 for the Audigy 2 ZS.  Note that the OEMs don't have current driver versions listed.

David

No Events found!