Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 2nd, 2010 23:00

Inspiron 531 Problem Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error and Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error

I've had my Inspiron 531 for 2 years, it has always locked up occasionally when trying to read email. Maybe after waking up from sleep mode too. Now it sometimes freezes up when opening Windows Live Mail or sometimes Windows Live Messenger. I originally thought it was Antivirus programs, and changed programs from Norton to Mcafee. And now, I turned off email scanning and Instant messenger scanning in Mcafee.

When it freezes, I let it go for about 5 minutes, then it acts like its going to unfreeze, and I can move the mouse for about a minute or two but nothing else, and then it locks up again for good. After another 5 minutes it goes into a blue screen of death and says Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007A, or it will say Kernel Stack Inpage Error 0x00000077. It says collecting data for crash dump and then initializing data for crash dump but just stops. I have to power off and it doesn't minidump for me.

Recently I found what looks like an outdated nVidia nForce Networking Controller, the one on my comp is 65.66 but looks like the latest version is 65.85(from 2007) Would this help me?

Is this that thing that happens to SB700 Southbridges that needs a hotfix from Microsoft? 

Could the nVidia nForce Networking Controller be causing all my problems?

729 Posts

August 3rd, 2010 08:00

Run the Dell Diagnostics and see if it finds any problems with your hardware.  If it turns out that the network controller is bad you could try installing a dedicated network card.

November 2nd, 2010 22:00

Run the Dell Diagnostics and see if it finds any problems with your hardware.  If it turns out that the network controller is bad you could try installing a dedicated network card.

Thanks for your analysis! It is just the solution for my problem, I understand this part.

November 2nd, 2010 23:00

When it freezes, I let it go for about 5 minutes, then it acts like its going to unfreeze, and I can move the mouse for about a minute or two but nothing else

Hi,

That was terrible problem ever..But thanks for the inforamtion that you shared to us here..

and itt really hep guys...

Keep posting,...

No Events found!