Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2004 03:00

Keyboard and mouse locks

My computer Dell dimension 4550 started giving me trouble of key board and mouse locking up and only way to make the computer functional is to reboot it. It happens randomly and I have reformatted my hard drive but I am stitt facing the same problem

Please help me finding some solution of it.

1.3K Posts

July 13th, 2004 11:00

ezee,

Thanks for using the Dell Community Forum.

This might not be an actual hardware problem but more of the operating system locking up.  Have you checked for spywear and viruses.  What applications are running when this happens.  See if you can't narrow down the processes that are running when this happens.

7 Posts

July 13th, 2004 22:00

It happens when I am on internet. I have windwon XP home edition. After reformating my hard drive I have not install any virus program. Before I have Macfee virus program.

1.3K Posts

July 14th, 2004 11:00

ezee,

Since it's only happening when you are on the Internet, I think it's related to software and not the actual hardware.  It's also possible it's an issue with the modem.

Who is your Internet Service Provider and how do you connect to them.  Try to see if this happens on specific pages or when downloading or something like that.

No Events found!