Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2000 07:00

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

Is anyone else getting this when calling up Dell Talk in IE?:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

ActiveX component can't create object

/users/common.asp, line 90

I can access Dell Talk in Netscape but not IE5.01 SP1.

Possible clue: I installed an IE patch from Microsoft Friday night suggested in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS00-093. I know one of the vulnerabilities had to do with ActiveX. Can someone help?

221 Posts

December 2nd, 2000 20:00

Hi, I am having the same problem in IE. The way I got here was to use Cookie Viewer to bring up the hyperlink to webtalk.us.dell.com. Then I had to Login. I lost the site when changing conferences and went through the same process to get back here. However, when I checked the "Remember my password" I received the error again. Went back tried again and used Logon without the remember password and here I am again. The wonderful world of computers! HTH

221 Posts

December 2nd, 2000 20:00

Hi, Me again, I didn't Edit my previous message because this is added information. I got the same error message when I used the "Jump to a Conference" feature to change conferences. However, if I use the back button to just go back to the Start page and select a conference from that page I get it without the error. This leads to a conclusion that the scripting error is somehow connected to the Jump to Conference feature. Anyway, if you use Netscape you will be able to read this. But if you use IE you probably won't get here until the error is fixed on Monday.
This is a new use for the free Windows Cookie Viewer program. At least I can reach this site and navigate it using a make shift process.
No Events found!