This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2010 12:00

Restore dell studio one to factory settings

Can someone please help me restore this desktop to factory settings?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2010 13:00

See THIS which is the Dell instructions for using the Dell PC Restore (Dell recovery partition on the hard drive) and manual install instructions. 

There is a "System Restore" listed in the instructions but you can disregard that.

729 Posts

May 22nd, 2010 13:00

This is the standard instructions for performing a factory restore using the restore partition on your PC.  This also assumes you are running either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

1    Turn on the computer.

2   As the computer starts, press on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Note:  
  You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.  

3    Press the on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu , and then press .

4    Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5    Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6    Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7    In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8    Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

9    Click Next
The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10    When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

May 22nd, 2010 14:00

if you have windows vista at least on my computer. turn it off. turn on as soon as dell logo is shown start clicking F8 don't stop clicking until a new screen pops up . make sure to use the correct administrator[ whicth i am sure is you. then another screen comes up asked you what to do,if yuo what the quick way click fix my computer,takes abuot one hour. then for the next few days you will be updating your computer everyday.

1 Message

May 8th, 2012 13:00

Well, that is not even an option.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

May 8th, 2012 13:00

Why don't you ask a new question, rather than belittling comments by those in a thread two years old that were not even intended for you.

No Events found!