Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2012 09:00

SLI on Precision T7500

Hi.

I have been trying for the past days to get 2 GeForce 670 GTX cards to work in SLI on my Precision T7500.

I have the cards installed on PCIe SLOT2 and SLOT4, and connected through a standard SLI bridge from ASUS. I have also configured the BIOS Video as "Option 1".

Both cards are recognized. The system boots. I can connect the video cable to either card and it works. I can also see both cards on Windows Device Manager, and on nVidea Control Panel. However, I don't have any SLI settings there. I have run numerous tests and confirmed that SLI is in fact not working. I am using the latest 304 driver release from nVidea.

What am I missing? Can you please help me out?

953 Posts

July 30th, 2012 14:00

Hi thewaver,

Welcome to the Community.

As explained by you it seems your computer meets pretty much all the configuration needs for SLI to work on your machine. However, we have not tried SLI bridge from ASUS, on our Dell Machines. Kindly check on this part and keep us posted.

Further, you can check the following link from Nvidia website for all your FAQ's on SLI:

www.geforce.com/.../faq

3 Posts

July 30th, 2012 14:00

Thank you.

Since the GPUs themselves were not sold with a SLI bridge I had to obtain one separately.  Unfortunately I have no way of testing if the bridge itself works ATM. But given your reply, could you please tell me which ones have been verified to work? Does DELL sell them as well?

Thanks again for your reply.

953 Posts

August 1st, 2012 14:00

Hi thewaver,

Sorry for the delayed reply. If you are interested in buying an SLI Bridge from Dell you can contact our Spare Parts Sales team. In order to contact them do visit our official website (www.dell.com) and from there select your region from the top left side of the page. Next you will see a Contact Number on the top right side of the page, you can call this Number and they will help you with the correct part for your machine.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2012 11:00

Thank you. I will try that as soon as possible and post my findings here once I receive the part.

1 Message

April 10th, 2015 19:00

Your reply seems to indicate that the T7500 motherboard supports SLI.

Can you confirm that? I read somewhere a thread that indicated that the chipset used in the T7500 does NOT support SLI.

Thanks for any updates, as I am experiencing problems trying to hook up two ASUS GTX780 on myT7500 without any "SLI" success so far. Both cards work simultaneously (can connect monitors to any of them), but the SLI item does not show up in the NVIIA Control Panel

Best regards,

Tebis

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 13th, 2015 08:00

The T7500 has:

Graphics Card

Support for 2 PCI Express x16 Gen 2 graphics cards up to 225 watts

1100 watts 88% (80 Plus® Silver Certified) efficient Power Factor Correcting (PFC) power supply

GPU (Graphics Processing Unit for High-Performance Computing)

NVIDIA Tesla C2075 – Supports Nvidia Maximus™ technology
NVIDIA Tesla C2050

System chipset Intel 5500/5520  depending on motherboard revision.

This chipset delivers up to dual x16 or quad x8 PCI Express* 2.0 card support, and support for Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives on ICH10 and ICH10R.

SLI is not listed as a feature.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/server-chipsets/server-chipset-5500.html

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/precision-t7500_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf

14 Posts

May 1st, 2015 11:00

Can any one tell me if the SLI riser card # TK025 from a T4400 will work for the T7500?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 1st, 2015 11:00

Absolutely NOT.

No Events found!