Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 27th, 2015 15:00

Three beeps on startup, but no other problems

About a month ago, I upgraded to a new Nvidia card (GTX 760) and there were some problems with the install.  The power supply wasn't up to snuff so I had to go out and get a better one with 600Ws.

Before that new power supply, there was a string of blue screens of death:

0X00000050

0X000000A

0X000000F4

When installing the new power supply, I noticed that a cord from the heat sink to the mother board was loose.  I am unsure if that had been that way previously or just came loose when installing the new power supply.

Now, when I start my computer there are series of beeps. 1st beep then a pause of 15 seconds, then a 2nd beep with a pause of around 18 seconds then a 3rd then the startup proceeds as normal.

And, other than that, my computer is running fine.  There have not been any BSoD since the new power supply was installed and no other problems have been noticed.

My questions are what does the series of beeps at the start mean?  I think it is something to do with the motherboard, but I have no idea how to determine what the problem might be.

The second is, given the lack of any problems for over 3 weeks, is there anything for me to be worried about?  No BDoD, no other noticeable PC problems, and the only thing off is the 3 spaced out beeps at start up.  What to do?  Thanks for any advice on this.

XPS 8500

Windows 7

Intel Core TM i7-3770

64 bit

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 30th, 2015 12:00

Beeps from windows have to accompany a screen with a message.

This is not the psychic friends network.

0X00000050  PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA  This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

0X000000A    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in
kernel mode to touch pageable memory
 ala Malware trying to replace the system kernel

0X000000F4  F4 is usually physically damaged hard drive issues.

3 Posts

January 18th, 2016 06:00

The beeps happen on startup.  The Main Dell logo is present and the beeps.  Nothing else appears on screen nor any messages that I have noticed.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 20th, 2016 12:00

LOW and Slow Beeps = bad ram.

3 Posts

January 24th, 2016 09:00

Thanks, comrade.  I will look into replacing them.  Cheers!

No Events found!