Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

March 31st, 2017 11:00

xps 8920 - audio - optical station - firewire - specification

I need to replace my old Dell Studio-computer with a new one. I am looking for a new one on the internet and I came to the XPS8920. I am doing a lot of videoediting... But some things are missing on these new models:

- firewire ports (because of the camcorder-cameras with 1394-port): solution I need to add some extension-card. Is there some recommendation of such a card?

- optical station. It is not clear for me if there is an optical station(cd/dvd-writer) in this model. Only a 'door' for such a station?

- audio-recorder. With the old PC I made audi-recordings (stereo) via the line-in port on the back of the pc. On pictures of the new model xps8920 I do not see any  line-in port. So audio-recording not possible? Is this correct?

Any advise is ver much appreciated

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

March 31st, 2017 12:00

Here are Dell's official specs for the XPS 8920.

• You'd need to buy a PCI-e x1 or x4  add-in Firewire card. Many different cards available.
  • Optical drive is listed as "optional" so you may be able to add one when you configure the system on Dell's Sales site. Or you can buy a SATA optical drive and install it yourself.
  • There's a microphone-in jack on the front panel

No Events found!