Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 28th, 2011 17:00

Celerra Exam

Hi All,

It's been 5 years since i did my last exam at Uni, and thought i was done with exams forever. Here i am 5 years later, planning on getting my certs in Celerra, Clariion, Avamar and Networker.

I'm going to be going for my Celerra exam next week. I've gone through all the e-learning and video ILT for the course over the past month, and am going to do a final revision over the weekend (because i can't remember anything i learnt over the first 3 weeks!). I've noticed a lot of people saying that the exam is much easier with, and even based on practical experience... Unfortunetly, i haven't had much experience at all, and my hope is that this certification will open up opporunities for me to get more practical experience.

What i want to know is... It's entirely possible for me to pass this exam, and even possibly do quite well without practical experience right? I've played around with the simulator, but have been a bit limited in what i can do with it (i don't have my own windows domain at home, and my system can barely run the virtual instance).

I hate exams, and i hate failing at things!

408 Posts

July 29th, 2011 05:00

Hello –

Have you had a chance to view the exam description document and try the practice test?  While the practice test questions are not identical to exam questions, they can provide a sense of how well prepared a candidate is and identify content areas that may require additional study/training.

Are you a partner, customer or employee?  With this information I can provide the correct links to where the exam descriptions and practice tests are located.

Best of luck to you!!

Kind regards,
Debi

59 Posts

July 29th, 2011 18:00

Hi Deborah,

I've been studying over the past 4 weeks, and can't remember anything over the first 3, so when i sat the practise exam, i was struggling to remember bits and peices, and failed by one question. Am doing a bit of a cram session this weekend and that should hopefully get me over the line.

One thing i was a bit suprised about though. The practise exam had questions about NDMP backups, but the exam description doesn't mention anything about it being included. It does however say it's prerequisite learning. I'm not sure whether i should be overviewing it for the exam.

I'm a customer.

59 Posts

July 31st, 2011 18:00

Actually, i noticed the other day that the exam description did mention backups, i must have missed it.

Doesn't matter anyway, because i just sat the exam and passed! Yay! Now to prepare for Clariion, Networker, and Avamar exams.

August 1st, 2011 03:00

Congratulations on passing your exam, Babak!

408 Posts

August 1st, 2011 05:00

Congratulations Babak!

No Events found!