Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2009 10:00

References for "Content Management Application Architecture - EMCTA"

Hi,

I would like to know the pdf's and articles to be reffered for the EMCTA exam. I have already completed the EMCPA and EMCSyA exam. It would be great if someone could share the details/references with me.

Regards,

Karthik C

82 Posts

February 16th, 2009 11:00

Hello Karthik and welcome to the Proven community.

I will forward your request to the exam team here in Franklin. EMC in the US has a holiday today, so it may be tomorrow for an answer. I believe there are TA practice exams on line at the EMC Education web site (link from the front page of the community). Thanks again for using this forum to communicate with us.

best regards,

Charles, Community Manager

122 Posts

February 16th, 2009 20:00

Thank you. I had already tried the practice exam and got the list of documentattions suggested at the end of the test. I would like to get the complete list of reference materials.

Regards,

Karthik C

546 Posts

February 17th, 2009 04:00

Hi Karthik! Good to see you here too!!

452 Posts

February 17th, 2009 10:00

Hello Karthik and welcome!

Here's a link to the TA Content Management Systems and Application  Architect page.  This should provide a good start on your journey; if there's anything else you need just post to let me know.

Michelle

452 Posts

February 17th, 2009 12:00

HI Karthik, can you please tell me more about your situation?  Have you taken the classes associted with the exams?

The practice tests are designed to help you determine where you already have enough knowledge, and where you might need to learn more.  But they are only one indicator.  The classes, and associated course materials along with relevent experience prepare you for the exams.  With a little more information, I hope to be able to help you.

Michelle

122 Posts

February 17th, 2009 18:00

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't taken the classes yet. I usually take the practice test, check the course/exam description, identify all the necessary PDF's and go through all of them. And, that's how i cleared my other certifications. I haven't taken any trainings from EMC yet (they are a little expensive for my hands ).

Regards,

Karthik C

122 Posts

February 18th, 2009 08:00

Hi,

i do understand the importance of the trainings. But, i still dont see anyone recommending the product documentation. Not sure if eveyone takes the training courses a mandatory one before the exam.

Regards,

Karthik C

11 Posts

Hello,

I am not sure I understand what you mean by, "recommending product documentation". Naturally, we recommend the study of product documentation as an important source of knowledge for preparing for all CMA exams. I assume you have worked with Documentum and have access to the product documentation. You may also download them from Powerlink. It would be best to review the exam description and the documentation relevant to the topics. We don't publish a detailed list of the tech pubs, chapters, or page numbers and so on. That is why the training, in addition to being a great, interactive way to learn about key Documentum concepts, will also help you guide your study.

Thanks!

11 Posts

Hello,

Training is the recommended way to prepare for both the Content Management Foundations and the Content Management Application Architecture exam. As Michelle has pointed out, the practice test and exam description will help you identify gaps and focus your study.

Additionally, for the Content Management Foundations exam, a 2-hour tutorial, "Preparing for the EMC Proven Professional Associate Certification" will be delivered online on 24-Mar-09. To sign up, visit the CMA in 09 site. This would be a cost-effective option for you to review without the added cost of travel. The tutorial also includes a Q&A session.

Good luck!

1 Message

February 22nd, 2009 01:00

Hi

Does anyone know when the training for this exam be available. On The EMC site its says Q1-2009.

11 Posts

February 23rd, 2009 07:00

Hi,

Regarding the availability of the "Architecting EMC Documentum Systems" course: The beta delivery for the course is being held this week. The course will then be released and course materials available on MyLearn.emc.com about four weeks later. The week of March 23 is the target release date.

Kristy

No Events found!