Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2010 19:00

e20-817

I will be giving E20-817 with SQL expertise, I would like to know if questions will also be asked from Oracle and Exchange as evident from Sample test paper on education site.

21 Posts

July 27th, 2010 06:00

Robi,

I can see why you might be confused.  There are some questions on the SQL version of the practice test that reference an Oracle or  Exchange customer environment;  however, these questions do not require specific Oracle or Exchange expertise.    For example, the background information provided in one question, mentions that the customer has deployed Oracle.  However, the question itself has to do with the appropriate RAID implementation.

On the SQL version of the practice test and the SQL branch of the proctored exam, the in-depth database questions will focus on SQL, and not on Oracle or Exchange.

Regards,

Gene

546 Posts

July 27th, 2010 04:00

Hi Robi,

I moved your question to the Proven Advisor area to make sure your question gets answered. -Gina

452 Posts

July 27th, 2010 04:00

Hi Robi,

I see that you've referenced the sample test, which is representative of the actual exam.  Although passing the practice exam cannot guarantee that you'll pass the exam, it often gives you a good idea of your exam readiness.

In case you haven't seen the exam description document, that provides additional detail, please click here.  On this page, find the E20-817 and click in the Exam Name & Description column to learn more about the exam contents.

Please let me know if this is helpful, or if I can help in any other way.

Michelle

21 Posts

July 27th, 2010 10:00

As a matter of fact Gene I checked the sample papers on other expertise (oracle) and found all the questions, I saw apperaed to be in same sequence; for example question number 28 in (SQL and oracle) they have asked "what must be done before the first Microsoft Exchange server can be installed; in a multidomained AD forest" I dont believe a newbee in exchage can answer that.

I also believe they should not ask me any technicalities on other sujects and only reason I posted cause I dont want myself to be in dumb founded situation.

21 Posts

July 27th, 2010 11:00

Hi Michelle,

I have seen the exam description document and am also attaching it.

Attached PDF clerly states "the participant will have the option of taking questions that focus on Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Exchange. Only one of these focuses is required to complete the exam."

"EMC provides free practice tests to assess your knowledge in preparation for the exam.

Practice tests allow you to become familiar with the topics and question types you will find on the proctored exam"

The links of the exam is in the attached pdf and you will find the questions from all the 3 trade in a single expertise sample test paper which contradict the above statements.

Its just that the Sample test paper that seems to be a bit of surprise to me.

1 Attachment

546 Posts

July 30th, 2010 07:00

Hi Robi -

I think Gene answered your question - but you still seem nervous. I talked with him again, and you can be sure on the exam that questions requiring knowledge of your db flavor you are sitting for will be the only db questions you see. You may see the other db flavors mentioned, but those questions won't be about db's per se -instead they will be more about BC.

Does that help ease your concerns? When are you sitting for the exam?

21 Posts

July 30th, 2010 09:00

Hi Gina,

I am not nervous at all, its not that I am afraid of loosing .

Its just, i wanted to have a clear Idea about exam, I believe that helps.

Thankyou all for reverting.

Regards,

Vishal Goyal

546 Posts

July 30th, 2010 10:00

Oh I totally understand what you are saying, just trying to make sure you get your question answered. I'm sure you have zero reason to be afraid!

If your question is answered -- would you mind marking it as answered? Thanks -Gina

No Events found!