Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2014 23:00

latitude E5420 cctk set harddisk password

I have issue while using cctk coomand line to set hard disk password(hddpwd). After run this command, it display successfully. But while I login BIOS to check, the harddisk password not set successfully.

I tried to manual set harddisk password, it successfully.(But I notice one thing, while I manual set harddisk password from BIOS, it will have one prompt window to ask me whether need enable security erase function, it is the reason why I am not able to use cctk command to set harddisk password?)

We are using CCTK 2.2.1 on windows 7 64 bit system.(tried different version BIOS, same issue. And tried through cctk to set other BIOS parameter, worked well, only set harddisk password have issue)

Command:

CCTK --hddpwd=xxxxxx

Welcome any suggestion or idea about it.

Thanks in advance!

April 8th, 2014 23:00

Hi ,

Can you please share the System Model and BIOS version on which you are trying to set the HDD password and also let me know  how many HDD's are visible in BIOS screen.

Thanks,

keerthan

April 9th, 2014 00:00

Hello,

Latitude E5420, BIOS is A05 and A13. I just can find out one hdd in the BIOS

Thanks a lot.

April 9th, 2014 01:00

Hi ,

You can find the below link for HDD password enable steps using CCTK, still if you are facing issue means, let me share the System model and BIOS.

http://www.slideshare.net/artisriva/cctk-support-for-setting-hdd-password-30009931

Thanks,

keerthan

April 17th, 2014 20:00

Hello Keerthan,

Thanks for your useful information. But after I setting hdd password through CCTK command, then I reboot computer, it require to choose modify or ignore, if select modify, then the hdd password will take effect, but if I select ignore, the hdd password will not take effect.

It is possible to bypass this process?(no need to choose modify or ignore, but directly take hdd password effect?)

As I worried if I through script to apply this command, but user not choose modify option, then set hdd password will failed and I even don't know whose computer applied hdd password, whose computer don't

Thanks

April 17th, 2014 22:00

Hi,

Bypassing the process is not posssible and currently to set the hdd password using CCTK we need to select the Modify option after rebooting.

Thanks,

KeErThAn  

April 18th, 2014 02:00

Have any plan to bypassing this process in the next version of CCTK?

April 19th, 2014 03:00

Hi,

Next  release of CCTK is 3.0, in this release also we are not implementing bypassing process, but sure we can think of this for any upcoming releases based on demand.

Thanks,

KeErThAn

No Events found!