Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2007 03:00

Captiva

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to get the machine id to which the scanner is connected using input accel.I must get the Scan machine ID, Scan operator ID, Scan Region, etc. So please help me out in this.

August 15th, 2007 11:00

Hi Dhana,

Yes, you can - by either modifying an existing mdf (not recommended by Input) or by creating your own. Mdf's are basically formatted text files so they're pretty easy to create or modify. If you go to the Process Developer Help file and do a search for "Creating or modifying a Module Definition File" then it will come right up with some more information and general guidelines.

The best thing to do is to copy and existing mdf, rename it, delete all the current values and change the module name to whatever you name the mdf (you don't need to be licensed for the module because you're not actually going to be use a module and doing it this way you can insure that the module you created never gets triggered accidentally). This guarantes you a basic format and gives you some examples to go from. Then you add the values you want and what type you want them to be (boolean, string, Integer, etc). After you are done then you can add the mdf to your ipp and start populating them with values. We have a couple custom mdf's that we use (some general and some for specific projects) so that way we don't have just one big one that has tons of values we may never use. Some values that have helped us are; BatchName, NumOfPages_L7 (and L1) and NumOfDocs_L7. I'm sure you can think of plenty more. Just keep in mind that only what comes with the InputAccel mdf's are what InputAccel will populate itself. The rest is up to you to populate!

Hope that helps.

August 1st, 2007 09:00

If you are trying to get to it through the IPP;
- scan machine is p0.Scan.ScanMachine
- scan operator is p0.Scan.ScanOperator
(where p0 is the page level and Scan is the name of the scan instance of the process).

If you're trying to get to these values through a modules settings;
- scan machine is @(Scan.ScanMachine)
- scan operator is @(Scan.ScanOperator)
(where Scan is the name of the scan instance of the process).

I'm not sure what you mean by Scan Region.

If you go to the scan help and look at the "IA Values defined in Scan" it should give you everything you are looking for (and if not then it is not available).

Hope that helps.

13 Posts

August 1st, 2007 20:00

Hi Sethwilliams,
Thanks for your reply. I was also looking for the answer. I have done using module settings as you have told. And it is working fine for me. Could you please tell me how to define a custom IA values. I mean IA values which is not present in Scan instance. Can we define our own values in IPP. If there is any way for this. Please do reply.
No Events found!