Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2016 05:00

Dell EqualLogic Multipathing Extension Module v1.4 missing setup.pl

The new Dell EqualLogic Multipathing Extension Module v1.4 is missing setup.pl script.

1 Message

December 21st, 2016 01:00

ESXi 6. VSphere on Server 2012R2.

Exact same problem here. 1.3 in repository, "invalid vendor code delin patch metadata" when I try to add 1.4. No option to remove extension. Nothing in "C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Logs\2016_12_21.request.log" except for "POST /vum-fileupload/login HTTP/1.1 200" and "POST /vum-fileupload/upload HTTP/1.1 200"

I also have ServerAdministrator 8.3 and 8.4 extensions in the repository.

EDIT.

Imported successfully on second VSphere site, but 3 different patches added.

EDIT.

Was unable to even scan hosts with these in the repository. Had to edit database to remove (unsupported but worked).

13 Posts

December 21st, 2016 08:00

I just opened a case in TechDirect and am in conversation with them. I wanted to share with the community some things I've found though. First, the index.xml file in 1.4 is incorrectly constructed, with the vendor code showing up as "del" instead of "DELL" as in versions 1.3 and 1.2 and possible all versions before that. If this is the first MEM you install via Update Manager, it wont cause any problems. But if like me you've been adding to the same Host Extension baseline then, yeah, this is going to be a problem. Also, the reason why in this version there are 3 extensions showing up instead of 1, like *xseitdept* brought up, is because there are 3 different bulletin files inside the metadata zip instead of like in previous versions where there is one bulletin file referencing the 3 VIBs. This isn't necessarily bad, but definitely inconsistent and confusing. I'm including screenshots of both cases and comparing them to the previous version.

MEM 1.3 index.xml

MEM 1.4 index.xml (with incorrect vendor code "del")

MEM 1.3 metadata bulletin file (referencing all 3 files)

MEM 1.4 metadata bulletin file (referencing just one file each)

MEM 1.4 metadata bulletin file

13 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 11:00

I did. E-Support SR # 941050656. Not too helpful though. Been waiting for over a day and getting very slow responses. Been having better luck playing around with the files. As a matter of fact I fixed the 2 problems with the MEM but I asked them if they thought it was the correct course of action but I haven't received a response yet.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 11:00

Hello, 

If anyone is having issues install MEM v4.1,  would they be so kind as to open a support case?   

Thank you. 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 12:00

Hello, 

Thank you for doing that..  Ultimately this will need to be elevated so that it can be resolved permanently and prevented in the future. 

I put a note in the case, asking for it to be elevated up. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!