Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2014 10:00

EqualLogic 4100x Controller not fuctioning or installed

Hi all,

I'm doing a job for a client today and one of the EQL's controllers is faulty. The power light is on but there's no one home! 

I've restarted the system, powered off and on, re-seated the controller, serial cabled to controller and nothing. Just wanted to make sure i'm not missing something before I give support a ring.

Thanks

Dave

9.3K Posts

March 31st, 2014 10:00

Only 1 controller at a time will ever be active, but the standby controller will still post on power-up and show some info via the serial cable.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 31st, 2014 11:00

OK.  Just wanted to make sure the cable/setting were correct.

If you attach to the secondary, then remove and re-insert you might see some diagnostic info that will helpful to support.   I would capture that output for when you call in.

You mentioned running setup.  Has this array been up and running then the CM failed or you are just setting it up now?

If it wasn't running when failed,  I would check the secondary CM to make sure the CF card is even there.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Have you tried reseating the compaq flash card?  

When you connect to the active CM via the serial port, does that work?   Just to make sure your settings and cable are correct?

4 Posts

Yes I know that when you serial into the passive controller it has limited functionality and you are required to serial into the active. It doesn't even prompt when serialled in so a support call for me I think :-(

Thanks

4 Posts

I haven't no, but I can serial to and setup/initialise the array. I can get onto the GUI and that's where it says in the members controller section under Control Module Slot 0 'Contol Module is not installed' in red letters.

No Events found!