Highlighted
abare
1 Copper

Multipathing Module install makes all NICs disapear from HP BL490c Blade running HP's ESXi 4.1

This may be more of an HP issue or VMware issue but the NICs in the BL490c G7 blades are too new to use the standard vmware image and so I have to use one from HP. After I install the multipathing module and reboot, the ESXi server says "No compatible network adapter found. Please consult the product's Hardware Compatibility Guide (HCG) for a list of supported adapters." I have to reinstall ESXi after that to make it work again. I've tried it twice to make sure. Any ideas?

See this link for info about the nic version: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Eye-on-Blades-Blog-Trends-in/HP-images-of-ESX-and-ESXi-for-G7-server-blades/ba-p/82746

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Multipathing Module install makes all NICs disapear from HP BL490c Blade running HP's ESXi 4.1

Hello, 

It definitely sounds like an HP specific driver issue.  During a standard install there is an option to install additional drivers. 

When you say you "had to reinstall ESXi" what that with the same HP image or the standard ESX install image?  Or did you not install the MEM module the 2nd time? 

If that's the case I would get it installed and updated to most current ESXi revision, configure iSCSI using standard ESXi features, connect to array and get that all working.   Then layer in the MEM module and see if that works better.  

Regards, 

-don 

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos