Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2014 00:00

VSM not appearing after install

i installed vsm 4.0 on my vcenter, but after install, i do not see any vsm icon on the vcenter home.

only the VSM VM is showing in VM and templates.

i m using vsphere 5.5. 

downloaded the dell virtual storage manager for vmware v4.0 (OVA) to install. 

September 12th, 2016 05:00

Hello Alex, 

Are you using the vCenter vSphere Web Client? VSM 4.6 icons appears only on the web interface.

If you are using the web client and still doesn't work  you should restart vCenter services.

Let me know the outcome.

Best regards, 

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

November 18th, 2014 00:00

You have to login for a initial configure. Try "root" or "admin" (cant remember) and password "eql".

If than the ICON not appear you have to logout from the WebClient. The icon comes up as "Dell Virtual Storage Manager" in the upper right.

Regards,

Joerg

5 Posts

November 18th, 2014 01:00

i have already login to the console for initial configuration. but still the same. 

found the following error message if i login through the VSM IP address

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 18th, 2014 02:00

VSM v4.0 only works with the WebGUI for vCenter, not the VI client.   VMware is moving to Web GUI only so VSM has moved to web GUI only already.

5 Posts

November 18th, 2014 20:00

do I have to install the host integration toos for vmware before installing the virtual storage manager ?

my vcenter is using the appliance version

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 18th, 2014 23:00

Hello,

HIT/VE is the name for the older generation of integration tools for VMware.  It was later renamed to Virtual Storage Manager.   Or are you referring to Multipath Extension Module (MEM) for MPIO enhancement?   MEM is not required for VSM.  

5 Posts

November 18th, 2014 23:00

now its clear.

i installed the virtual storage manager, but its not showing up.

6 Posts

September 11th, 2016 20:00

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with VSM 4.6.0 on my vcenter server 6, I have deployed the appliance and I have also logged in and registered the VASA API (which has come up in storage provider. 

Unfortunately the Dell VSM icon is not appearing/ missing from the inventory of my vcenter server.

what can I try to fix this.  why would it not appear?

Thanks

Alex

6 Posts

September 12th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for the quick response Leonardo.

Yes, I am using the web client.  

so I restarted my vcenter server as suggested and the icon appeared in the inventory on the web client.

Appreciate the help.

Alex

September 13th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

That's great!  Thanks for letting us know. 

Leo, 

No Events found!