dajonx
2 Iron

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 Lost A Volume...

Thank you, Don.

What is the best way to convert the existing volumes to IQN Access as well as removing the "Allow simultaneous connections from initiators with different IQN names"?  

Just to clarify, the IQN names that I will be inserting in the Access tab are their respective "iSCSI Target" in Group Manager -> Modify Settings -> Advanced Tab.  Is that correct?

0 Kudos

Yes,

Go to each volume, and on the access tab add in the IQN name, using the "Add" link on the right hand side.   Once that's done, you can remove the IP address and uncheck the box.   If you have sessions from another server you will have to manually log out of that volume from the server side.  They won't be logged out when you change an ACL.

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

dajonx
2 Iron

From my test when I had changed the IP Access to IQN as well as uncheck the simultaneous connection box, I received a TON of error messages.

Severity  Date and Time       Member  Message                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

--------  ------------------  ------  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

ERROR    1/17/12 4:09:15 PM  SAN1    iSCSI login to target '10.1.222.26:3260, iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-bd2802609-5bf0019d05d4e9d8-xxxdata' from initiator '10.1.222.103:51653, iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:serverA.xxx.xx' failed for the following reason:   Initiator tried to bypass the security phase but we cannot.  

0 Kudos

That's a CHAP error.   Where a volume has a CHAP account as an ACL, but the initiator isn't sending a CHAP username/password combo.  make sure you put the ACL in the correct block on the access tab.  Sounds like the initiator name was in the CHAP field.

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

0 Kudos