Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2013 18:00

How can I connect a TL2000 to a M1000e chassis

Hello,

I've got a couple of TL2000's tape libraries, I need to have them connected to a M1000e Blade Enclosure, till this time nobody has answered me on how to get those connected without using an "out of the chassis server" functioning as backup server, I'm trying to rid of that server having one blade server for that matter, does anyone can help and please tell whether there is a SAS fabric or any other way to get those Tape Libraries connected to the Chassis without involving more heavy hardware?

• 

7.1K Posts

March 26th, 2013 19:00

Hello E_Ortega75,

Here is a link to our compatibility matrix.  If you look on page 9 there is a list of all available servers & the M1000e is not listed.  ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-124t_Reference%20Guide_en-us.pdf

There is currently no SAS controller that is listed on the compatibility matrix for your M1000e.  If you were to have fibre drives then all that would need to be done is to zone them to see the blade server and then it should be seen.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

April 5th, 2013 01:00

I would suggest you instead use a SAS to iSCSI bridge with the TL2000.

This way you could still connect to it from inside your blades without using an "external" server.

There are more information in this PDF: i.dell.com/.../tl-iscsi-san-whitepaper.pdf

Note: You do not need to have a iSCSI SAN to use iSCSI with the TL2000.

April 5th, 2013 01:00

You can see the manual here for configuring the SAS to iSCSI bridge in case you have any questions on the process: www.manualowl.com/.../190176

No Events found!