Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 6th, 2013 05:00

PV TL2000 & Backup Exec 2012 issue

Hi,

I have a problem with setting up the TL2000 in Symantec Backup Exec 2012. It shows the library, but if trying to realize an inventory it fails with error and library status is changing to offline. 
I've contacted the Symantec support, they suggested to check with IBM ITDT tool, but this tool doesn't see any devices on system scan. So they suppose that the problem is not with the Symantec.

TL2000 (with 1 drive installed) is connected via SAS cable to the R620 server with Perc H810 controller. One port  of controller is occupied by MD1220 storage and library is connected to the second one. OS is Windows 2008R2. It shows correctly the Tape drive IBM ULTRIUM  HH4 3580 in Device manager, but seems that it doesn't see the Medium changer, as long as it's not the Changer Bus Enumerator in System devices. I've updtaed the firmware of library and drive, but it didn't change anything.

Could you please suggest what can cause the problem, as it seems that it's a connection issue, not the third party software?

Thanks in advance.

• 

7.1K Posts

November 6th, 2013 07:00

Hello JWL666,

The reason that your TL 2000 goes offline is that you are using the wrong HBA. For the R620 you should be using a SAS 6gbps card. While yes you can hookup the TL2000 to the Perc H810 you don’t want to do that as you have your MD on the same card and you can corrupt your MD1220 raid array. Here is the compatibility matrix for the TL2000 & if you look on page 9 it shows you which cards are compatible with your R620. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-tl2000_Reference%20Guide9_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!