Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2009 04:00

how can Install TL2000 Tape Library

I have two SAS card and one TL2000 inside have two driver.
If use software Backup exec to backup.
I want asked, how can i installation and if use two card two connection who will control the tape autoloader

May 17th, 2009 16:00

If I understand you correctly you have a 2-port SAS controller card and a Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library with two SAS drives.

This install:
1) Install your 2-port SAS controller card in your backup server.
2) Attached two SAS cables between the two ports on your SAS controller card and the two SAS ports on your TL2000.
3) Attach a network cable to the network port on your TL2000 and follow the user guide to access the web user interface of your TL2000. Setup your TL2000 as you sett fit or just use the default configuration.
4) Installed Backup Exec 12.5 (or any earlier version that supports the TL2000) on your backup server and it will install the neccessary drivers. In Backup Exec it will display that you have a TL2000 tape library with two tape drives and 1-4 slot magazines (depending on your configuration).

I don't think there is a particular SAS cable that controls the tape library. Each tape drive should be self-contained.

For more information go to:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/stor-sys/tl2k4k/

Good luck!

Regards,
Andreas Erson

To install that you need two SAS cables to connect the two SAS-ports on your TL2000 to the two ports on your controller card that I assume that you have installed in your backup server. After that just install Backup Exec 12.5 on your backup server and it will detect and install the drivers for your TL2000. I assume

1 Message

April 13th, 2011 03:00

Cheers was Informative on Installation of TL2000.

I was in a client place for TL2000 Installation. The tapes drives on the library where 2 half - height ultrium LTO, there was 6gb sas Host bus adapter and 2 sas cables 2 meter.
Now i connected the HBA on the Backup server, the sas cables on the 2 ports available on the HBA, but on the rear of tape drive there are 4 sas ports - 2 each (Port A port B) now which port do i connect the sas cables to?
No Events found!