Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2013 12:00

Analyze system for updates

Hello Dell Support team,
I have a xps13 , with windows 8 (64-bit) ..... when i get to dell "drivers and download" page ant then click on "analyze system for updates" after some minutes i face with below error:
We're sorry
 We're sorry, we were unable to analyze your system. Please return to the  Drivers Home Return to.
There is no additional info about error , and i would like to know how i can resolve it.
Cheers

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 5th, 2013 15:00

Also make sure to use Internet Explorer (with Protected Mode turned off) and not another browser. You don't really need to use the scanner. There are rarely ever any driver updates for a laptop so you should be able to determine if you need to update anything. Check the hardware listed in your Device Manager. Don't install updates if you are not having a problem. Remember the old adage--If it ain't broke..etc. You can really mess up a laptop by applying unnecessary updates.

6 Posts

i see, so i joint to the club then ! :D

807 Posts

Work in progress I'm afraid...lots of people (including me) in the same boat. Dell is supposed to be working on a fix. Watch this space!

In the mean time you could try a few steps

Right click on Dell Sytem Detect icon in system tray and choose "Exit"

uninstall both the bootstrap and Dell system Detect programs from Control Panel>add/remove programs

Remove startup entry created either via Msconfig or 3rd party app ie CCleaner

Empty Apps 2.0 folder C:\Users\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Restart PC and try analyse system for updates again

Didn't work for me and many others but worth a shot.

807 Posts

July 5th, 2013 15:00

Pity Dell doesn't stick to that old adage too....Dell System Detect ver 4.0 was perfectly fine until they broke...sorry updated it lol

807 Posts

July 5th, 2013 16:00

@hmht

Does that mean it is now working for you? I see you are using Windows 8. I wonder how many other Windows 8 users it is working for and how many Windows 7 users are still having a problem.

6 Posts

Yep, now it is working for me and it could detect 2 old drivers in my laptop.

6 Posts

Thanks Mary, i use to check this feature always by Chrome, running it with IE made me smile ;)

1 Message

September 20th, 2013 10:00

Hello

I have the same problem running  the analyzer ....We're sorry, we were unable to analyze your system. Please return to                     the                         Drivers Home                         Return to                    

No Events found!