Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2017 14:00

Black Screen After Bios Update failed Inspiron 5755

Hello i need help with my computer,um i recently used a inspiron 5755 and i updated my bios so that i could fix something. unfortunately,it froze half way through and i didn't know what to do so i had no choice but to turn my laptop off.the screen was frozen and not making more progress so i could not move my mouse nor access task manager to quit the problem.i have not seen that many errors people have with the inspiron 5755 so i don't know if there's many fixes to it.

the problem i'm having now is that when i boot up my computer i have a blackscreen,not even a dell logo just nothing,and i can still hear the fans going but there's nothing displayed on my laptop screen.i have tried many methods of getting around it but it each attempt failed.i tried to hold End while the battery was out and then plugging in my ac-adapter but it wouldn't work.i really would like to know if any of the usb flash drive methods would work for my laptop because i don't want to go through the pain of disassembling my laptop or resetting my bios.if there's any thing you could do to help me i would appreciate it :)

if you can fix it like this one please tell me,

en.community.dell.com/.../19593398

13 Posts

February 10th, 2017 17:00

Hello i need help with my computer,um i recently used a inspiron 5755 and i updated my bios so that i could fix something. unfortunately,it froze half way through and i didn't know what to do so i had no choice but to turn my laptop off.the screen was frozen and not making more progress so i could not move my mouse nor access task manager to quit the problem.i have not seen that many errors people have with the inspiron 5755 so i don't know if there's many fixes to it.

the problem i'm having now is that when i boot up my computer i have a blackscreen,not even a dell logo just nothing,and i can still hear the fans going but there's nothing displayed on my laptop screen.i have tried many methods of getting around it but it each attempt failed.i tried to hold End while the battery was out and then plugging in my ac-adapter but it wouldn't work.i really would like to know if any of the usb flash drive methods would work for my laptop because i don't want to go through the pain of disassembling my laptop or resetting my bios.if there's any thing you could do to help me i would appreciate it :)

13 Posts

February 10th, 2017 17:00

the problem i'm having now is that when i boot up my computer i have a blackscreen,not even a dell logo just nothing,and i can still hear the fans going but there's nothing displayed on my laptop screen.i have tried many methods of getting around it but each attempt failed.i tried to hold End while the battery was out and then plugging in my ac-adapter but it wouldn't work.i really would like to know if any of the usb flash drive methods would work for my laptop because i don't want to go through the pain of disassembling my laptop or resetting my bios.if there's any thing you could do to help me i would appreciate it :)

2K Posts

February 12th, 2017 05:00

Hi SPIRALVENOX,

When you press the power button does the system stay powered on or does it go off automatically?

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then try connecting with the adapter only / battery only.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Try the BIOS recovery method as listed here - http://dell.to/2eMNErl

Download the service manual - http://dell.to/2lD8lZS and remove the memory modules / HDD and try powering on the machine and see it it responds.

If nothing works, I would suspect a motherboard failure.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

You could also order the parts online here if required - http://bit.ly/2kkucnu 

If the motherboard is being replaced, I would personally suggest you to invest your money on a new machine than to repair this system, as the procedure is not inexpensive.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

13 Posts

February 12th, 2017 09:00

Thank You,i'll try the methods that you have listed and see if anything works.i'll be sure to tell you if i need help again.

6 Posts

February 12th, 2017 10:00

There should be a way to re-flash the BIOS, just confirm there is a key combination to trigger the reading from USB ports. You will have to make prepare a USB flash drive with the ROM image and by pressing the right key combo at startup, it will flash the bios. I recovered a Toshiba laptop this way, should work on yours.

2K Posts

February 12th, 2017 12:00

Hi SPIRALVENOX,

We shall await your response.

Keep us updated.

13 Posts

February 13th, 2017 16:00

do i put the rom just on the usb drive?

2K Posts

February 14th, 2017 05:00

Hi SPIRALVENOX,

I suppose your query is regarding moochiek post.

Yes, you would need to create a bootable USB and then copy the BIOS file onto it and then initiate the recovery process.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 14th, 2017 13:00

And you'll probably need the link below as well.

How to update your System BIOS using a USB Flash Drive

EDIT:

13 Posts

Okay,but one more question.how do I get the bios file?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

You can get the BIOS file in the link below.

www.dell.com/.../advanced

13 Posts

February 14th, 2017 14:00

do i need to turn it into a rom,if i do how do i make it start up from that file

13 Posts

and when i push my power button i cant see nothing when it starts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" and when i push my power button i cant see nothing when it starts "

You'll have to download the BIOS file using another system and save it to a bootable USB Flash Drive. Please follow instructions on the link I've posted above.

2K Posts

February 15th, 2017 02:00

Hi SPIRALVENOX,

You could follow the suggestion as advised by LSUFAN and test it.

If you need the ROM file, then create a bootable USB using Rufus - link in previous post and then view this video on how to convert the BIOS exe file to ROM file - http://bit.ly/2a8XLIi

No Events found!