Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2012 17:00

Can't hear anything at all

So this just occurred out of nowhere because my sound was fine yesterday and everyday before that. I can't hear anything i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my laptop and redownloading the driver. nothing works. i tried the recovery thing that didnt work either. I cant hear anything with my earphones nor when i remove the earphones, yet when i do the playback test it says everything is fine. The meter waves things move when i try to play a song as if the audio is working fine but its not. I dont know what to do anymore i feel like ive tried everything. Nothing is on mute, i checked everything.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 15th, 2012 20:00

Hi mssunshine_xo,

I suggest that you uninstall the audio drivers, restart the system and install the driver in the order given below:

1. BIOS (Latest version)
  2. Dell System Software (If available)
  3. Chipset driver.
  4. Audio driver 

Please find below, the link to install the drivers:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/ProductSelector/Select?rquery=na

Select the appropriate model of the system and proceed further.

Note: Restart the system after installation of each driver. 

In case the issue is not resolved, please reply to this post with the system model for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujatha K
#iworkfordell

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 15th, 2012 19:00

Hello. The "No Audio" FAQ might help you diagnose the problem. If you need more help please include the full model name of your laptop and the name of the operating system you use.

October 15th, 2012 21:00

Thank you so much! it worked after i installed BIOS, and the first 2 parts of the Chipset driver

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                          

No Events found!