Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 20th, 2012 18:00

Caps Lock and Wireless icons

caps lock and wireless icons disappear

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have an Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that was originally Vista but now is running 8 pro.

The problem I have is that every time I turn on my laptop I have no icon on either my caps lock or wireless.

I must admit this problem is not totally new since I've upgraded to 8 pro, it used to happen approx 3-4 times a year when running Vista.

All I used to do was download Dell driver R197947.ex (Quickset driver), then everything would be fine for 3-4 months.

But now it is happening every time i use my laptop although if I download the above driver it is fine until I use my laptop again, and then both icons are missing again.

Both caps lock and the wireless key still function perfectly well,but with out icons to indicate their present status.

All ideas and comments welcome.

Regards Dominic

7 Posts

December 21st, 2012 20:00

Hi natakuc4,

Thank you so much for your help,the first link did not work but the second link did ftp.dell.com/.../Dell_QuickSet_A07_R272666.exe  

I installed in normal mode,everything is now working fine now (fingers crossed).

Thank you for your quick an d expert advice.

Happy Hogmanay  regards Dominic

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 20th, 2012 18:00

Windows 8 isn't supported by Dell on that model and thus no Windows 8 Quickset is officially released for it.

I am told that the Windows 8 version of Dell Quickset for the Vostro 3750 installs on the Studio 1558 which is likewise unsupported:

http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER00955635M/11/APP_Quickset_W78_A05_Setup-GMFY2_ZPE.exe

I'm not too sure if it will install on the Inspron 1545 but its certainly worth a try. It did not install on my Latitude D820.

If that fails try the Windows Vista/Windows 7 version of Quickset, you may need to install it in compatability mode for Windows 7:

http://ftp.dell.com/app/Dell_QuickSet_A07_R272666.exe

No Events found!