Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2010 05:00

Dell Inspiron 1440 Bluetooth device

I can't seem to find any bluetooth device on my device manager. So I thought maybe the driver is not yet installed. So I downloaded the suggested driver 'R204603'. After extracting it, it says, "A later version of 'Bluetooth Software' is already installed on the this machine. The setup cannot continue."

I don't know what to do now. I just want to transfer files from our phones to my laptop via bluetooth. 

Please help. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 29th, 2010 05:00

Is this the first time you're trying to use bluetooth?

If so, did you buy the bluetooth option (it's not standard - it's an option on the order of $30 or so at purchase)?

If you did buy the bluetooth option, is it enabled in BIOS setup (F2 at powerup)?

Is the bluetooth turned on?  FN-F2 on most Dells enables it - or there'll be a hard switch on the computer case.

8 Posts

November 30th, 2010 03:00

It's now fixed. The only problem is it's not in my startup. I accidentally unchecked it in my msconfig. Thanks for your help :)

8 Posts

November 30th, 2010 03:00

Is this the first time you're trying to use bluetooth?

Yes.

If so, did you buy the bluetooth option (it's not standard - it's an option on the order of $30 or so at purchase)?

I did not know that bluetooth is optional.

If you did buy the bluetooth option, is it enabled in BIOS setup (F2 at powerup)?

Is the bluetooth turned on?  FN-F2 on most Dells enables it - or there'll be a hard switch on the computer case.

In the BIOS it is said that my bluetooth device is installed. It's enabled. It's not even in my system tray.

Thanks for your reply. Please continue to help me :)

1 Message

May 21st, 2012 00:00

Hi. I have a similar problem. I accidentally deleted the BluetoothBTW.exe program. I later downloaded (again) the said program and tried to reinstall. The installation can't continue because the bluetooth is switched off. I tried turning it on but the it doesn't appear among the icons on the lower right portion of the screen. I tried to access the bluetooth via Devices and Printer but won't continue when I try to switch it on. Help please. :emotion-9:

Maybe it is unchecked too in my msconfig. How did you re-check yours?

P.S. I also have a Dell Inspiron 1440.

8 Posts

May 21st, 2012 05:00

Try re-checking in the msconfig. In the services tab. As far as I remember, that solved the problem.

1 Message

July 17th, 2014 13:00

I am trying to see if I need the Bluetooth module in my Inspiron 1440...msconfig says the bluetooth Support Service is enabled, but stopped, and I cannot get the system to recognize a Bluetooth mouse I just got.   There is NO mention of bluetooth under the startup tab...PB

No Events found!