Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2013 20:00

Dell Inspiron 7520 Windows 8 Keeps Disconnecting From Internet

My laptop keeps disconnecting from the wireless internet and I'm not sure why. Whenever I put it to sleep and start it up again, the laptop will not connect to the internet and I must restart the computer, reset my router multiple times, or turn the wifi on and off to get it to work. Occasionally the network I am trying to connect to does not even appear.

I have gone to Network Connections > Properties > Configure > Power Management > Unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I have gone to Advanced Power Settings > Wireless Adapter Settings > Powersaving Mode > Set all to Maximum Performance

We have other laptops in the household and they do not have this issue.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 13th, 2013 23:00

Hi BIRDSPIRIT,

I appreciate your technical expertise. You performed all the required steps for the wireless to work without any interruption. Since the issue is persisting I request you to perform one last step that is to update the wireless driver.  Click on the link below, enter the system service tag and click Submit. Select the Operating system from the drop down list to get drivers for your system model:

http://dell.to/14Xsnmd 

Let me know if this helps. 

No Events found!