Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2012 15:00

Dell Latitude D620 Video card driver help

Hello,

I'm certain that my Dell Latitude D620's video card, a mobile intel 945GM express chipset family video card is not working properly. When I run video-related applications like Youtube or anything that requires flash player, java, or 3D, the program will run for a random amount of time before the screen and audio freezes and goes to a blue screen with an error code "0x00000FC." When I go to install the latest graphics drivers from my dell service tag, I still have the same problem from each one. I have to constantly uninstall the drivers to run, for example, a youtube video without it crashing. When I don't have them installed, it works fine so this is why I'm suspecting that there is some kind of a conflict between the driver and the rest of the system. I don't understand why this is happening since the driver is verified by Dell and is designed for my system. I appreciate you for reading this and if you have any suggestions/expert device I gladly appreciate it.

113 Posts

August 26th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

The drivers should be installed in a particular order for the computer to work properly. Please refer to the link below for the installing the driver in the correct order.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=268873&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=

Please update the BIOS. The link to download the updated BIOS is:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats/Product/latitude-d620?DriverId=R186796&FileId=2731120963&urlProductCode=False

NOTE: Ensure that the open work is saved and closed. Prior to flashing the BIOS, connect both the AC Adaptor and the Battery.

• Click the above link.
  • Save the file to the desktop.
  • Double-Click the downloaded file and click Run.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to flash the BIOS.

The system would restart automatically.

The link to download all the drivers for the Latitude D620 is:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-d620

Please choose the Operating System from the drop down and install the drivers in the order as stated in the link above.

The steps to install the drivers are:

• Download the driver file to the desktop.
  • Double-Click the downloaded file and click Run.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please update the Chipset driver and the Video driver.

Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Please post back for any further questions.

August 26th, 2012 19:00

Sudeep,

I tried everything you suggested. I reinstalled all of my drivers in the order that list suggested, making sure I got the chipset and video drivers. Then, I flashed the BIOS. I am still having the same problem! Something is still causing me to get the 0x00000FC error when I play videos/3D applications. Can you give me other suggestions? I was thinking maybe I should format my laptop to the plain OS and start installing drivers from there.

EDIT:

I just got another error, 0x000008E, with a message displaying something about "win32k.sys" being the problem. Both 0x00000FC and 0x000008E are starting to happen more frequently, and I'm afraid that my laptop will no longer boot soon. Please help!

113 Posts

August 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Please restart the computer and keep tapping the F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Options Menu. Use up and down arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode” option and press the Enter key.

Please log on to Windows.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Accessories.
  3. Click System Tools.
  4. Click System Restore.

In the System Restore window, the dates with system restore points would be highlighted.

Click on a date when the computer performance was absolutely fine and click restore.

The computer would restart and roll back the settings to that particular date without any data loss.

Please post if you need further assistance.

No Events found!