Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2013 06:00

Dell Longevity Mode

I enable it, and it says that, you can use this mode to protect your battery from frequent charge and discharge cycles. Battery will only charge between 88% and 100%. (whit desktop mode disable)

So what i understand from this is that, if i charge my laptop to 70%, and i want to change the room where i work. I unplug the computer and when i put it back, let`s say at 67%.. the battery should not charge anymore, until I discharge it to 7%. I am right?

BUT the problem is that it`s not working, i unplug it at 75%, and if i plug it back... will contiune to charge, even if that logevity mode is enable. (and the desktop mode is disable). Why?

Is there anyone who is using this and it's working? Can somebody tell me what`s wrong? 

Thanks,

Regards, Raul HUTU

9 Posts

June 1st, 2013 02:00

This is the official dell community support, and none of the moderators tried to answers my question. I hope that when we bought your products you're happy, but when we have problems with it, there is nobody there to help you.

9 Posts

June 14th, 2013 07:00

bump!

1.5K Posts

June 14th, 2013 07:00

Hi Raul HUTU,

I regret for the late response. Please share the system model and the operating system. For more information regarding longevity mode, you may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/ZOFCCX.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

9 Posts

June 14th, 2013 14:00

Hi,

I have an Dell Inspiron 7520, with windows 7 on 64 bits... I read the manual, but it's not working for me... I activate the longevity mode, I charge the laptop to 100%... surfing the net untill 50%, then let's say i want to use an video editing program that use a lot of resources, and i plug the ac adapter. In this case with longevity activate, the battery should not charge to protect the battery, but it`s charging..

1.5K Posts

June 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi Raul HUTU,

You may update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/11DhnEe.

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:
*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged
*Battery charger should be connected
*No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.
*All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

9 Posts

August 27th, 2013 15:00

I updated my bios, I installed windows 8 on x64 and all the drivers for my service tag. I activated the longevity mode, and disabled the desktop mode
The problem is still there... any solution?

September 4th, 2013 08:00

Hi Raul HUTU, for me I'm having problem with longevity mode it's grey out I can't enable it, for desktop mode I can turn it on. what it's the problem? My Laptop is Inspiron 15r 7520.

No Events found!