Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2011 08:00

Dell Studio 1535 Media/Peripheral Eject alert sounds randomly???

This is kind of a hard problem to describe but I'll do the best I can. Randomly, but frequently, when i move my laptop or type on it or sometimes even when it's just sitting there, the sound that occurs when you plug in a peripheral like a hard drive will sound, then a second after, the sound that occurs when you disconnect a peripheral will go off. I feel like this may be a hardware problem simply because it seems to happen when I move the laptop, but at the same time it may be a software problem because it also occurs when the laptop is sitting in one spot... any ideas?!?!?!!?!

3.8K Posts

February 24th, 2011 09:00

Hi Rcohan08,

Welcome to the commuinty. Please mention which OS, so we can give you accurate steps to fix your issue. This could be an issue with the USB root hubs on your computer. Try the following steps. Right click on the computer icon on your desktop, click properites, click on device manager on the left hand side, click on the "+" symbol next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, under that you will see many USB root hubs, right click on each one of them and click on uninstall, make sure you remove all of them and restart your computer. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

February 25th, 2011 20:00

I have win7. Haha sorry forgot to mention that.

No Events found!