Please note that I have taken a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop but I am not be able to activate Wifi and Bluetooth for my internet connection.
And my OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
I have downloaded Wifi driver from Dell website but that is not working in in my laptop.
Error is comming this software not supported your laptop.
Kindly advise which version shall I download or kindly forward me link to download the Wifi driver and bluetooth driver which support my laptop.
Your assistance will be appreciate if you reply faster on my mail.
Thanks & Regards
Have you reinstalled the OS by any chance ? there would be a key on your keyboard to activate your wifi (F2) if i am not wrong, if you could post a screenshot of your device manager (right click on computer > manage> device manager) with the network adapters expanded i could help you with the right wireless software.
Also do check under network and sharing center > change adapter settings if the wireless adapter is disabled, if its not much of a problem a screen shot of the same would be great.
I had same problem,but yesterday i chat with one dell representative and got solution, My Problem was:
1. Previously My Dell Vostro 1015 have Windows XP and Everything working fine Except "Fn+F11"
2. I Formatted XP With Windows 7 But by Default it taking 64 & 86 bit. not Showing 32 bit option, i Choose 64 bit
3. After Installation my Fn+11 key Not Working, Wifi & Bluetooth not Working, I installed every driver as other web suggested, none of them working, check device Mgr,Updated Driver, Done Every thing as u think.
At last i talk dell representative he send me link i download the driver and my Fn+11 Key, Wifi,Bluetooth Working Fine.
please try the link and download this Size " R288378(91.1 MB) " http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R288378.exe"
Thanks & Regards
I have the same problem . I formmated my DELL vostro 1015 with windows xp as it was .
I tried many drivers def. but no use , I have recived a message ( press Fn+F11)to complete instulling and (Fn+F11) didnot work.
Also when I open device manager there is (USB) with yellow color that means it needs a def.
Plz. help me
R288378(91.1 MB) " ftp.us.dell.com/.../R288378.exe" ( Wifi & Bluetooth Windows 7)
Ethernet - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R223644.exe (DONE)
Bluetooth (Dell 355) - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R161378.exe (DONE)
Wi-Fi (Dell Wi-Fi 1397)- ftp.us.dell.com/.../R189133.exe (DONE)
Modem - ftp.us.dell.com/.../R223642.exe ()
Manual steps to install the Wi-Fi –
1. Extract the files normally
2. In device manager ---> Right click on Network Controller
3. Select Next ---> Choose to install driver from a specific path
4. While searching for compatible driver in a specific location ---> Browse and add the extracted folder (C:\DELL\Drivers\R189133\Driver\)
If None of Working Download these Driver From Web,
PLEASE HELP ME TO GET WIRELESS DRIVERS FOR DELL VOSTRO 1015
i have tried a lot to install the drivers for two years now.its just not working,
my OS is windows 7 and i tried downloading as it has been said above yet does not work.
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015