Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2009 23:00

Dell Vostro 1500 Screen Brightness

Hi,

Well I have a Vostro 1500 with 2 GB Ram. It came with Wndows Vsta Home basic. Recently I installed Windows 7 Professional(Got on through college account for students). Anyways everything was fine until 2 days back the screen brightness seems strange.

The problem is when the AC Adapter is plugged in, the screen is dim, if I try to increase to brightness it does not increase. But when I remove the adapter and increase the brightness it works like a charm. Well AC Adapter is fine since it charges the battery properly and battery also seems fine since it still give around 3.5 hrs of backup.

So why am I not able to increase brightness when the power is plugged in, it 's just driving me crazy. It very dim when plugged in. All power schemes are normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 25th, 2009 05:00

Check to see there's not a problem with the brightness settings in BIOS setup (F2 at powerup).

If there isn't, you have a faulty inverter or mainboard.

August 25th, 2009 11:00

Thanks a ton ejn63, it was set to 1 in BIOS when default should have been 8. Its back to normal now. Just curious why/how would windows 7 change BIOS setings, I thought BIOS was hardware controlled !!!

No Events found!