Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2014 17:00

Dell XPS 14z wont restore to factory settings {Corrupt files}

I am currently on my dell xps 14z laptop. Ive been having some software issues and I want to reset my computer. I tap f8 like the tutorials say, then I go to repair, state my location and which account to use, but it doesn't have the normal Dell Factory Image Or Dell factory tools for the bottom option. It only has a link to the command prompt window. So how can I factory reset my computer without formatting my hard drive. Thanks in advance.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 21:00

Hi NathanUsesAlienware,

The Dell Backup and Recovery application seems to be corrupted. I would advise you to reinstall the Dell Backup and Recovery application on the system using the link below and check if you are able to restore the system.

http://dell.to/19QaFSu

Please let me know if this helps.

December 23rd, 2014 22:00

It doesnt seem to do the job, I installed it but got the message "The Factory Recovery Partition that was included with your system is either missing or corrupt. Some features including media creation, Factory image restore, and system backup may not work but you can continue to use this application. I also tried the f8 run again and it still wasnt there.

December 24th, 2014 11:00

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this dell backup and restore working?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 26th, 2014 20:00

Hi NathanUsesAlienware,

It seems like the recovery partition is corrupt. Please private message me the system service tag and the country you are located so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!