Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 17:00

Dell inspiron 1545 Blank screen with two beeps

My Dell Inspiron 1545 doesn't boot up, it's running Windows 7. When I power it on, the screen lights up but nothing more and after about 45 seconds there are 2 beeps.  I've removed the battery and tried booting with it plugged in, I've moved the memory from one slot to another, even tried memory from another laptop and always the same result. Blank screen and 2 beeps.

2.6K Posts

August 28th, 2012 21:00

Hello JeniRose,

2 beeps indicate that the system is unable to detect any RAM. So as you said that you have tried swapping the memory slots and also tried different memories from another computer. However, I would still like to know if you have tried the memory sticks of the Inspiron 1545 on a different computer. If the functionality of the memory card is proven, then it has to be the motherboard failure. The motherboard needs to be replaced.

If the computer has an active warranty, I’d request you to private message me the system service tag number. To private message accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 
I’ll let you know the next course of action.

No Events found!