Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2014 14:00

Dell wanted to charge me $260 to fix my laptop screen and the laptop currently cost $230 on Dell.com. I denied to pay and they sent me back the laptop with my screen broken.

I KNOW IT'S LONG BUT PLEASE READ MY RANT ABOUT DELL TRYING TO RIP ME OFF AND POSSIBLY BREAKING MY LAPTOP

I bought a Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop about a year ago. About a month ago, my screen started flickering and I would have to tilt the screen to get the flickering to stop. This would only temporary fix the problem and the screen would start flickering a couple minutes after that. I was puzzled by this problem because I had never drop my laptop and I am certain that there was no damage to the screen. There were no cracks and the LCD screen was perfect, aside from the flickering problem. I did some research and found that a lot more people have been having this issue. I came to the conclusion that most likely the cable from the LCD screen to the motherboard was loose. I was going to fix it myself but didn't have the proper tools to open the entire laptop and I didn't want to risk anything. I remembered that I still had the warranty from when I first bought it, so I decided to give Dell a call. I spoke with the technician and explained the problem, he also agreed that the problem was maybe just a loose cable inside the laptop, being as there was no damage to the LCD screen. I sent the laptop and then I got a call from Dell about 2 days after. The technician told me that there was ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE to the screen (WHICH I'M CERTAIN THERE WASN'T) and that it wasn't covered with my warranty. He then charged me $260 to repair the laptop. I was livid at that point. I explained that I can just buy the laptop from their website for $230! He then lowered the price to $160 and I denied to pay so I told him to send back the laptop unrepaired, just how I sent it in. I received the laptop 3 days ago with cracks all over my screen. I'm pretty sure that the guy fixing my laptop broke the screen on accident or even on purpose. I called and complained and got the whole incident escalated to a supervisor. They said they were going to investigate the issue and call me back in two days. They called back and told me they were still investiagting and they would call me back in FIVE days.

So that's were I'm at right now, still waiting. Completely horrible customer service. It doesn't take seven days to investigate this case. Hopefully I get a call back. 

BTW, here's how my laptop looks now...

Service Tag:
| Express Service Code:  |  Dispatch / Reference Number: 307016395

No Responses!
No Events found!