Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2018 17:00

Display adapter problem for Dell Inspiron 5548 laptop

Please help

Display adapter problem after windows 10 update.   Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Event Viewer/Driver Management concluded the process to add Service iqfxCUIService2.0.0.0 for device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV-1616&SUBSYS_06411028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status:0

Got this message both after the windows update on 12/21/2017 & when I did just the HD graphics 5500 driver update today  1/1/2018

Have ran - Find and fix problems with devices at least 20 times. It finds the problem atleast 50% of the time but can’t fix the problem permanently. It will work for 1 session and maybe one restart and/or shut down and reboot, but by the 2nd and always by the 3rd the error returns

I have tried updating driver through windows update. It always says it is up to date.

I have tried updating driver through Intel directly. Windows installation wizard didn’t allow it to happen. It advised updating through Dell.

Updated through Dell and found out it was the same driver as what was installed. Got an interesting window telling me windows is assessing Desktop Graphics Performance. See Picture 2625

Found out when I ran the update through Dell (I think it was this one because it was the only one that completed the installation) or Intel I got a new icon on my desktop for Intel HD Graphics Control Panel but it will not open. On the other hand you can open the properties and execute changes that way. I tried changing compatibility mode numerous times without only success.

Multiple times after user (administrator) log in computer will start loading the desktop then it will need to go back to log in page. This has happened sometimes up to 3 times.

There is defiantly an issue with the display adapter. Can someone please help.

Thanks

18 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 16:00

Hi,  I'm having the same exact problem with my 5548 after the annual creators update from Microsoft.  But this is not new.  The same thing happened in summer/fall of 2016 when MS did the anniversary update of WIN 10.  Same problems then with my Intel 5500 and AMD R7  270 not getting drivers loaded properly.  I think it was Jan 2017 before they straightened things out and my computer was back to normal.  Operated flawlessly until the recent "creators update"  You would think MS, DELL, Intel and AMD would have learned something.  But no, the exact same problems again.  Right now if I go to Control panel, Device manager, both the Intell 5500 and AMD R7 M270 carry the note "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.  code 43".  So  I'm operating on their generic display driver and putting up with the problems you describe.  Each startup is a new event. Right now I have an icon sized block in the middle of the screen and this comment I'm typing.  They appear randomly at starup with diff linew/shapes in the 1/2 inch square.  Come on Microsoft/Dell can't we deo better.

14 Posts

January 4th, 2018 02:00

January 4th, 2018 07:00

Thank you all for trying to help.  I was unable to fix the problem so I hired a local company.  $100 later and the problem seems to be fixed.  

No Events found!