Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2013 18:00

Driver Request: XPS 12 Touch driver

I don't know if anyone has had the misfortune of having to re-install Windows 8 on an XPS 12, but it's fairly frustrating as there is no driver for the 10 point touch screen display to be found anywhere.

The touch screen will NOT work without it.

Before anyone asks, I have done the following:

• Updated to the A05 BIOS
  • Installed ALL available drivers from the D&D page on support.dell.com for the XPS 12
  • Completed ALL Windows 8 updates

Despite all of that, the touch screen will not work.  The only way to get it to work is to disable the Intel Graphics Adapter and the reboot.  This is a short lived solution because as soon as it's enabled again and re-started, the touch stops working. 

During the interim period where touch DOES work, Windows identifies the display as having limited touch support, so this is clearly a touch screen driver issue.

I have a hidden unknown device related to the "GPIO Buttons driver", but otherwise everything looks as I would expect it to look in Device Manager. 

Dell, PLEASE release this driver.  I can't be the only one going through this painful process.

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

Hi

I have install the windows 8 with Dell USB key... also from the recovery media... I dint install any drivers... all work fine..

Some times my touch screen don't  work. I tried to find the drivers for that. I dint see any.

Please let me know if you find any

2 Posts

June 8th, 2013 17:00

Finally, making some progress.
I have been trying for days to get my touchscreen working. It just died and no amount of reboots would fix it.
After seeing this thread, I disabled my Intel Graphics Adaptor, rebooted and viola - touchscreen is working again.

It is <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> not having the Intel drivers though. What is the solution to a fully working system?

Using the latest A06 BIOS firmware and all latest drivers from Dell website. 

No Events found!