Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2012 00:00

E6400 Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 32 can not connect to wireless network with WPA2

Hello,

I spent almost nearly one week to find the following problem with one of my laptops:
Laptop                Dell Latitude E6400
CPU                    Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53GHz
Memory              4GB
OS                      Windows 7 SP1 32 bit Home Premium
Wifi card             Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
Ethernet card      Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection

With wireless configuration (Ethernet is disconnected), my E6400 can see the wifi router Motorola  SBG 6580 using WPA2 but when I try to connect to this router (with WPA2 password) I got the error message:
Windows was unable to connect to myrouter.

I updated all drivers with the latest version and I still have the same error message.

I have another laptop Dell E4300 under Windows 7 SP1 32 bit Home Premium and I can connect to the Motorola router without problems.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

August 21st, 2012 06:00

Hi

I appreciate you reinstalling the drivers and providing all the necessary information to help me understand the issue better.

I would like to ask you a few questions before I suggest resolution to fix this issue:

1: Once you connect the cable from the router to the laptop, does the internet connection work?

2: When was the last time the wireless connection worked?

Meanwhile, please back up all the data and perform system restore to a date when the wireless connection was working

Hope this will help you. Feel free to reply

Thanks & Regards

Dell Kaushal P

#iworkfordell

14 Posts

August 21st, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I format the hard disk, re-install the new system at least 2 times and it did not work: even I follow these steps suggested from this link

support.dell.com/.../driver_install_order

1. E6400 can connect to Internet with Ethernet cable it never fails.

2. It never works.

I compare the E4300 and E6400 the only thing is different is the Wifi card they are not the same: I wonder if there are something with the 1397 WLAN Mini-Card.

Thanks

August 21st, 2012 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for replying

I am sending you a private message and once you receive it, please click on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact information so I may access to your system records.

Thanks & Regards
Dell Kaushal P
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 21st, 2012 12:00

WPA2 Passwords and SSID's are cAse sEnsative.

14 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 08:00

I used the same string for E4300, E6400 and it did not work for E6400, it does for E4300.

No Events found!