Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2014 22:00

Enable Intel Integrated Graphics on XPS 17 (L702X)

Hello guys,

I'm having a terrible problem with my XPS 17, Windows 8.1 and what I think is has to be the hybrid configuration of the integrated and discreet video card.

The thing is that I want to be able to use the Intel integrated video card and be able to select it from the NVidia control panel, but the option is not available. I want to use the integrated card because the dedicated one overheats and requires more power even when I'm not rendering any game, just browsing the web.

The integrated card won't even show on the Windows Device Manager under display adapter nor Unknown Devices, it is simply not appearing anywhere, like if it does not exist. Also, when I try to install the driver (downloaded from the Dell's support page with my service tag) it says that my computer does not meet the requirements for installing.

But, where it does appear as "disabled" is when I use a 3rd party software for detecting my hardware:

As you can see, it says that it is Disabled, but I don't know where to Enable it. Do you guys have any idea of what's going on and how can I solve my problem? 

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 14th, 2014 05:00

Is this the 3D version of the L702x?

If so, the integrated video is disabled at the mainboard level.  Only the 2D version supports the hybrid video configuration.

March 14th, 2014 09:00

:emotion-9: yes it is... that was quick... and painful... I didn't know that, thanks for your response, I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Best regards.

No Events found!