Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2015 15:00

How to disable Touchpad in E7450

I have been reading through most related posts, but I have not seen one for this relatively new laptop that we have.

In previous DELL E series laptops that I had, it used to have an icon to manage the properties of the touchpad. I always disable the "tapping" property of the touchpad, leaving it only for scrolling. leaving the tapping property active causes the cursor to be misplaced accidentally when typing, causing more issues especially when doing programming.

However, in this new model E7450, I can't find this same icon.

Anyway I can set the properties for the touchpad? I do not want to totally disable the touchpad, just the tapping property.

1.2K Posts

July 12th, 2015 20:00

Good day !

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum !

With regards to this issue I would ask you to confirm if you have tried to the Dell touchpad utility and then tried to make the desired changes .

Once the touchapd driver is installed you should be able to view the Dell touchpad utility to make these changes ,Click here for the link to the updated touchpad driver .

Do reply to this post if there are any more queries ,we will be glad to assist you .

Kindest Regards ,

2 Posts

July 16th, 2015 16:00

Hi Jennifer-K of Dell!

You're advice is really awesome! that is what I was looking for, which was not appearing in any control panel menus earlier. thank you very much for that link. solved my problem.

1.2K Posts

July 16th, 2015 22:00

Hi Bosst ,

Thank you for the reply ! Glad the issue is resolved ,if there are any more queries write to us .

Kindest Regards ,

3 Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

Hi Jennifer,

I have a dell latitute e7450 also. I notice the same solution, however is that possible to information your engineer side to program a physical key (like fn+f7) or in software allow the same way to turn off a touchpad? This is very inconvenient that we need to go through a few steps before we can turn off the touchpad.

Regards,

Chris

2 Posts

February 18th, 2016 12:00

When showing a screen to advise users on what steps to take, it can be very helpful to also provide the instructions for getting to that screen

Regarding the "Dell Pointing Devices" screen above, I have searched high and low in an attempt to find it, to no avail. I've been using Dell laptops exclusively for 15 years.

My new E7450 is so sensitive I have to keep my eyes on the screen at all times just to ensure my cursor has not moved elsewhere. I have lowered the sensitivity on every available setting, and now need to take the course of last resort: Turn off the touchpad altogether. This is very disappointing on a $2000 device.

Can you tell me the exact location of that utility?

3 Posts

February 18th, 2016 17:00

It is at control panel --> dell touchpad (Windows 7)

If you don't see this icon, most likely software was not installed, please refer to the link posted by DELL-Jennifer K

No Events found!