Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

November 16th, 2006 15:00

How to find out if BlueTooth Adapter is present or not in Inspiron 6000

Hello,
I have an inspiron 6000 which has an option for an internal bluetooth adapter. Of all the LEDs dispalyed right above the keyboard there is one that represents the bluetooth symbol however it never comes on. I studied the manual from dell support website and it says this feature is optional, the light will come on only if the card was ordered with the notebook. Now I dont exactly remember the order but I believe it was part of the default package when the notebook was ordered, just like built in standard ram/ HDD space/ wireless etc. No upgrades done. I tried Fn+f2 (shortcut for Wireless on-off) it just disables or enables my Wi-fi radio showing in system tray and thats it, no bluetooth icon coming up in the notification area. Checked device manager, nothing showing up for bluetooth, Would it show under Network adapters category or have a separate category called "Bluetooth"?? Checked dell support website for driver downloads, found bluetooth 350 internal adapter driver namely Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module v3.03 and v4.00 (14mb/ 26mb) tried to install both: 14mb installs halfway then freezes, says to turn on bluetooth by Fn+f2, tried and clicked OK, just stalls and doesnt finish the setup, stays where it is at 56%. tried the 26mb V4.00, says right away, No bluetooth devices found. I need to know if I can physically check on my laptop the location of the bluetooth card to be sure of its existence or whether its gone bad if it did exist at any point. The doubts there becase I remember a friend of mine connecting once to my laptop through his bluetooth phone and the LED came on but that was a year ago. I have never tried it since then and now completely in limbo as I tried once again with desperation from another bluetooth phone and after no success, msg "failed to connect" followed the story as mentioned. Any suggestions? much appreciated if anyone can offer to help/advise.

11.9K Posts

November 16th, 2006 16:00

Taz2000 wrote:
Hello,
I have an inspiron 6000 which has an option for an internal bluetooth adapter. Of all the LEDs dispalyed right above the keyboard there is one that represents the bluetooth symbol however it never comes on. I studied the manual from dell support website and it says this feature is optional, the light will come on only if the card was ordered with the notebook. Now I dont exactly remember the order but I believe it was part of the default package when the notebook was ordered, just like built in standard ram/ HDD space/ wireless etc. No upgrades done. I tried Fn+f2 (shortcut for Wireless on-off) it just disables or enables my Wi-fi radio showing in system tray and thats it, no bluetooth icon coming up in the notification area. Checked device manager, nothing showing up for bluetooth, Would it show under Network adapters category or have a separate category called "Bluetooth"?? Checked dell support website for driver downloads, found bluetooth 350 internal adapter driver namely Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module v3.03 and v4.00 (14mb/ 26mb) tried to install both: 14mb installs halfway then freezes, says to turn on bluetooth by Fn+f2, tried and clicked OK, just stalls and doesnt finish the setup, stays where it is at 56%. tried the 26mb V4.00, says right away, No bluetooth devices found. I need to know if I can physically check on my laptop the location of the bluetooth card to be sure of its existence or whether its gone bad if it did exist at any point. The doubts there becase I remember a friend of mine connecting once to my laptop through his bluetooth phone and the LED came on but that was a year ago. I have never tried it since then and now completely in limbo as I tried once again with desperation from another bluetooth phone and after no success, msg "failed to connect" followed the story as mentioned. Any suggestions? much appreciated if anyone can offer to help/advise.

It was not part of any default package.  Click on Technical Support tab, the CONFIGURATION, then Original Configuration to verify that you didn't buy it. 

Message Edited by rickmktg on 11-16-200601:50 PM

No Events found!