Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2014 10:00

INSPIRON 17R SE 7220 Built-in Emitter NOT WORKING

Firstly let me give u the details of my system:

1. Infra red emitter does not show up in device manager

2. Screen shows : Generic Pnp

3. I rerolled to factory default settings which were saved on laptop and still emitter does not show or work.

Hi, i am trying to get my 3d to start working however every time i click the enable 3d stereoscopic button in the nvidia control panel, it starts the wizard which then asks me to choose from a list of options which mostly include usb emitter, i however can not complete the wizard as the system is not picking up that i have a built in emitter and i can see that it is physically there next to my webcam.

In the 3d settings page in some other persons 17r se 7220 inspiron laptop which i saw on youtube, it shows that there are certain options which seem to be missing from my own laptop:

1. It does not say on my nvidia 3d control panel settings : 3d vision ready

2. It also does not show that it recognizes my laptop as "3d Vision Inspiron Notebook

I believe either my IR emitter is not working which is unlikely as this laptop is new and was shipped in november 2013 and its only a couple months from now, or it could also be such that the laptop does not have the necessary IR emitter drivers on it, i require immediate help as this situation is making me ask credentials of the dell industry to ship a defective laptop.

Thank you, 

Faraz Khair,

(Director - Expert Electrical Pty Ltd)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2014 12:00

The 3D screen on this model was an option - not standard on all models.  Are you certain your system is equipped with the 3D hardware?

To check:  go to the Dell support site where the system was sold, and use the service tag to look up the specifications.  Only the high end 1080p screens are 3D -- if you have a lower resolution FHD screen, it's not 3D-capable.

4 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 17:00

My service tag is : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

And in the specification, it does show that it is a 3D vision enabled laptop with a 3D screen, as well as power dvd recognizes the screen as a Nvidia 3D vision ready screen at 120 hz refresh rate and renders the picture in 3D but ofcoz the problem lies in the emitter which as i mentioned is physically there next to the webcam but the green light on the IR emitter does not turn on to indicate that 3D vision googles can now be used.

This is one of the part numbers and its description.

GN36T 1 Liquid Crystal Display, 17.3, Full High Definition, White Light Emitted Diode, True Life, 3D, Secondary

Here are some pics of what my Laptop Displays on it: 

First it shows the Nvidia 3D vision Label, Then the second picture i took to show you that the emitter is placed on the top of the screen.

No Events found!