Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

June 25th, 2008 06:00

Inspiron 1420 - No display on laptop LCD screen

Hi

I purchased Dell Inspiron 1420  laptop last year (2007). Currently I am facing problem with LCD screen display.

The problem is...

When I start my laptop, I didnt get any display not even DELL Logo was not shown. 

I tried running the system in differrent ways like 

1. Diagnostic Tood startup - By pressing and Start button  at the same time then some times it displays series of lines and some testing will start and once the system testing was completed then the system will ask to press the key to start. Once I press any button system was rebooting and Dell logo will appear and system will be asked for the choices like when we press F8. If I not disturbing and letting it start by itself then it works. But after 10 minutes Green color will appear in the screen and system hangs up. 

I dont know the reason for this suddenly it will hang up and nothing will work. If I restart the machine the system was not displaying any thing on the screen and can hear the windows sounds.

2. I even tried to start the system by removing the battery and start the system using AC adapter but the same problem appears. 

Can any one help me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Lolla 

Operating system : Windows Vista Home Premium

RAM : 2GB 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 25th, 2008 09:00

Run a full set of diagnostics. F12 at powerup, Dell diagnostics.

3 Posts

July 1st, 2008 06:00

Sorry mate. Its doesnt work. I cant see the dell logo also. Any how I contacted Dell customer service center regarding the problem they said it is with the LCD and replaced the LCD but still the problem exists and he called the customer care people and told that the problem is with mother board. Yesterday I got another Dell technician and replaced my mother board and checked the system. Now the dell logo can be seen after replacing with the new LCD and motherboard, new problem raised. The system gets booted and once the desktop appears, the system shuts down immediately. We tried all the available options like + Start button, F12 at powerup during these tests the system/laptop gets shutdown in the middle of the tests.

Can any one suggest me what happening in my laptop. Is there any problem with operating system.

Operating system - Windows Vista Home Premium.

10 Posts

July 3rd, 2008 16:00

hey i got the same problem with my insp 1420 with little variations

could u please tell me how did u managed to change the motherboard and the lcd from dell service stations,if u are from india...

i mean if i face the same prob like u did then what time will it take them to solve my problem?

how much time did it take in ur case?

as the part of ur last problem, its definitely a virus thats restarting the system everytime.

i once faced the same problem.

u just need to format the harddrive.

AT 

3 Posts

July 4th, 2008 07:00

Hi

I am currently in Melbourne Australia. Currently my laptop problem with lcd was resolved.

I called the customer care people for this problem and now they replaced my mother board and fan.

Now the laptop is working fine without any issues.  There is no problem with the hard disk because after changing the mother board the system was working in good condition. 

Thanks & regards,

ravi kiran lolla

No Events found!